- Coaches MUST confirm ALL numbers in the book prior to the start of the game. Coaches must have a copy of their roster (printed or digital) at all times at Zero Gravity events including player name, number, and date of birth. Games will not start before the scheduled time without the consent of both teams’ head coaches.
- Two 16-minute stop time halves. Clock will run in the 2nd half anytime the lead is over 20 points. Once under 20 points, stop time resumes. (14 minute halves for 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th).
- Each team gets 3 timeouts per game (45 seconds). Teams will get ONE timeout in overtime. (Timeouts will NOT carry over)
- On 10th foul in each half, the opposing team will shoot 1 and 1. On 12th and each additional foul, the opposing team will shoot 2 free throws. 2 free throws are shot for a technical foul.
- In 3rd, 4th and 5th grade (and all divisions labeled elementary), players are allowed to jump over the free throw line as long as the ball is released from behind the line.
- 2-minute warm up period before the game and 2-minute halftime.
- Any coach or player receiving two technical fouls will be ejected from the game. Any coach ejected from the game must also leave the facility. To be eligible to coach another game that weekend, approval must be granted from the tournament director. Any player ejected from a game will be suspended from playing their next game. All further disciplinary action will be determined by the tournament director.
- Overtime will be 2 minutes with stop time. After 2 overtimes, the first team to score 3 points wins the game. In the case of Championship games, all games at ZG State Tournaments and ZG Finals, overtimes will continue until there is a winner with no sudden death. In overtime, both teams get ONE timeout (no carryover).
- Players will be disqualified once they have committed their 6th foul.
- Girls and Boys will have a 10-second back court violation.
- All girls and 3rd-6th grade boys will use a 28.5 ball. All boys 7th grade and older will use a 29.5 ball. If both coaches agree to use a 29.5, Zero Gravity will allow this.
- Pressing is allowed for all grade levels. Exception: 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades, pressing is only allowed in the second half. Additionally, no pressing in any grade level is allowed if the lead is 20 points or greater for the winning team.
- In 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade, full court and zone defense only allowed in second half. (Half court man only in first half)
- When determining the teams who advance to playoffs: In a two team tie, if the teams have played each other, head to head is used. If they have not, tie breaker goes to point differential (if also tied in point differential, then points allowed and then points scored). In the case of a three team tie, point differential is used applied. In the case of a tie determining playoff advancement when only one team has a forfeit victory, point differentials against common opponent(s) will be used to settle the tie. *Schedule requests cannot be made for bracket play*
- Players are only allowed to play on one team; however, a player may also play on one additional team as long it is ABOVE their age group WITHIN their program. A player CANNOT play on more than one team in one age group. Zero Gravity must be notified in writing prior to Friday before the tournament if a player is playing on multiple teams (playing up age group within their program).
- If a team forfeits a game, they CANNOT advance from Pool Play. Additionally, any team who no shows a scheduled pool OR playoff matchup without notifying a Zero Gravity site or tournament director in writing will receive a written warning on the first violation of this rule, receive a one week ban on the second violation, and a full season ban on the third violation. This rule is in place to ensure teams have the best possible experience.
- Formal complaints and protests must be submitted in writing to info@ZeroGravityBasketball.com
- Zero Gravity expects all players, coaches, parents, spectators, and staff to act in an appropriate manner. If a situation arises ZG staff may remove a person from the site.
- Zero Gravity will provide the clock for each game. It is the home team’s responsibility to provide the book at the scorer’s table only. (Home team is the first team listed on the schedule). If neither team provides a book, the Zero Gravity scorekeeper will be used as the official scorer.
- Teams will be given 2 coach credentials and are required to wear them in order to enter the gym, see ticket person at each site for coach’s badges. *Site director has the right to remove any non essential bench personnel*
- In all other situations, High School rules will be applied.
- Up to a 15-minute grace period is allowed from the scheduled start time of a game at the Zero Gravity site director’s discretion. Additional time will be allotted if a team is coming from another game at a separate Zero Gravity facility. *If a team chooses to start a game with 4 players, they can do so and the game will still count*
- In the situation of a physical altercation, any player who leaves the bench to participate is ejected and suspended for the following game. Additionally, if a player initiates or participates in a physical altercation, they are ejected and suspended for the following game. Lastly, in the occasion where a team with multiple players engage in a physical altercation, the team will be suspended for the following game and forfeit the current game. *In the event a game is called in progress due to a physical altercation, the initiating team will forfeit the game*
- Teams that drop out of a tournament after the event schedule has been released will not be automatically credited or refunded. Possible refunds or credits will be determined by the tournament director on a case-by-case basis.
- Site director/tournament director will have final discretion in all rulings, including tie breakers.
*Zero Gravity Basketball is not responsible for any lost or stolen items at events*
*Challenges MUST occur BEFORE the game* Coaches must have a copy of their roster (printed or digital) at all times at Zero Gravity events including player name, number, and date of birth as well as appropriate age verification information (birth certificates and report cards). In order to challenge another team a coach must have copies of their roster and age verification information for all of their players. Players who are found to be illegal will be ejected immediately, their coach will also be assessed a technical foul per player proven to be ineligible. Coaches are only allowed to challenge up to 3 players on the opposing team. If more than 1 player is proven illegal, a forfeit is assessed and the team is ineligible to advance. If the challenging coach is incorrect, he/she will be assessed a technical foul *more than one incorrect challenge will result in ejection*
**Age exception: team containing a player that falls outside of the age boundary but is in the appropriate grade of competition within one year. All age exception requests must be submitted to Zero Gravity in writing at least 5 days prior to the event. Without written approval from Zero Gravity, the requested age exception will not be honored. Any team with an age exception player must play in the A division.
***Zero Gravity Basketball has final discretion in level of play teams register***
In order to compete in Zero Gravity events, ALL players must be verified. To become verified, players must come with a copy of their most recent report card which includes date of birth (if no date of birth, please bring both report card AND copy of birth certificate).